- What are the limitations of FREE account?
- The limitations for FREE account membership include:
- A limit of 2 rooms for your pet
- A limited number of items that can be stored in your dock
- No access to KinzChat Plus (still requires parental permission to unlock for paid members)
- No access to trade rooms
- No access to sending items via KinzPost
- Limited access to Arcade and Tournament Arena games
- Limited access to Daily Activities (Deluxe and Pet of the Month activities are still unlocked separately)
- Limited selection of items in the W Shop, KinzStyle Outlet and Curio Shop
- Limited access to classes in the Kinzville Academy
- Limited access to jobs in the Employment Office
- Limited friends list
- No access to Discovery Zone or Signature Safari questions in Quizzy’s and a limit to the number of questions per category
- No ability to turn off 3rd party advertising
- If we elect the Limited Advertising Option what ads will be limited?
- As a courtesy to our users, we provide an opportunity to limit third party advertisements inside of Webkinz.com. If you select this option, you should not be presented with any third-party banner or clickable advertising, as well as any sponsored content integrated into the site. If you find that a third party advertisement appears for some reason, after you have elected this option, please report it to our Customer Service team so we can have it removed.
When the Limited Advertising Option is selected, some features, including certain prize opportunities, e.g. floaty-clicky events, may not be available.
- Which category of users may select the Limited Advertising Option?
- Only users with current Full or Deluxe accounts tied to a Webkinz pet may limit third-party advertisements. Alumni users (those users whose Full/Deluxe one-year account for a Webkinz Pet has expired) and those with “free” accounts (not tied to the purchase of a Webkinz Pet), may not select this option.
- What advertisements will you still see if you select the Limited Advertising Option?
- You will still see Webkinz and other Ganz advertisements, but third-party clickable and banner advertisements should be turned off. Your election must be for a period of at least 30-days.
Remember that if you select this option, others accessing Webkinz World on the same computer may be subject to the Limited Advertising Option as well.
If this is not your intention, please click "cancel."
- What should I do if I am still seeing third-party advertisements after selecting the Limited Advertising Option?
- While we endeavor to limit all third party advertisements when you choose this option, it is possible that a third-party clickable or banner advertisement may be mis-programmed and viewable by users. Please report any third-party advertisements that you encounter to our Customer Service team so we can take appropriate action.
In addition, if you clear your device’s cache or remove cookies, certain third party advertisements may be viewable on the Webkinz.com home page, login and logout pages and certain pages or activities presented after you log-out. Clearing your cache or removing cookies should have no effect on the limiting of third-party advertisements within the internal Website itself.
If you are using a different device than was used to select this option, you will see third-party advertisements on the home page, login and logout pages and pages and activities following the logout page. This should have no effect on the limiting of third-party advertisements within the internal Website itself. To avoid this, re-select this option from the new device.
- What type of Ads do you allow on the Webkinz site?
- Webkinz contains both advertisements of its own and third parties and sponsored (branded) content. Advertisements are clickable and may take users off of the Webkinz website. Sponsored (branded) content may use a logo or contain branded announcements, but are not clickable. We also have our Webkinz pets, Webkinz products and our Webkinz branding throughout the Website, but do not consider that to be "advertisements."
We are very selective about the content of third-party advertisements and the products and services being advertised through third-party advertisers on the Website. To learn more about our advertising standards, review our Ad Policy.
- Where do you permit Advertisements on the Webkinz site?
- Ads may appear within Webkinz World, as well as on the home, login, and logout pages, and the pages appearing after the logout page. Some sponsored content may be part of various prize activites, e.g. floaty-clicky events where users may win prizes.
- How to limit 3rd Party Ads in Webkinz World?
- To limit 3rd party ads, go to "Me and My Pets" and click the "My Options" tab. Follow the steps required to select the Limit Ads Option. Note that once you select the Limit Advertising Option, you may not reauthorize advertisements for at least 30 days.
- What are browser Cookies and does Ganz use them?
Furthermore, cookies help us to tailor messages that better match your needs and interests, and they allow us to better understand how users in general use our sites, which in turn helps us to focus our resources on features that are most popular with our users. Please note that Flash cookies (used only by certain third party content within the site) operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn more about and manage Flash cookies, visit www.adobe.com and make changes at the privacy setting panel.
You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our sites may not work properly if you do. Refusal of cookies on our site does not cover any use of information that third-party advertising service providers or advertisers may collect from you. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions directly of them in this regard. If you would like more information about the practices used by third-party advertising service providers and advertisers and to know your choices about not having the information gathered used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org.
- What can I do about my browser cookies?
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If Adobe Flash Cookies are used (when the served content contains video clips or animation, for example), you may need to access your Flash management tools from the Adobe website (www.adobe.com) directly. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings, including products or services that require you to "sign in" to use.
- If I clear my browser cookies, will I still be opted out of third party advertising on Webkinz?
- If you clear your browser cookies and have previously selected to limit 3rd party advertising, you will need to reselect the Limited Advertising Option again in order to limit ads on the home, login, and logout pages, as well as all pages that follow the logout page. Within the site, your Limited Advertising Option will still be opted out of any 3rd party marketing campaigns will still apply, within the site, even after you clear your browser cookies. We hope this helps! -Your furry friends at Webkinz World
- Will my account expire?
- If you do not renew your account after one year by adopting another pet or by becoming a Deluxe Member, you will become an Alumni member and your account will not expire. You will still be able to play on your account as an Alumni member but you will
- no longer be able to use the Limited Advertising Option (in My Options)
- not be able to trade items
- not be able to send gifts through the KinzPost Office
- not be able to host any parties using the Party Packs
- How do I adopt another pet?
- To find out where you can get more Webkinz pets, check out your local gift shop, or use the Store Locator on the Webkinz World home page to find the shop closest to you. Webkinz pets love to have friends, and there are always new Webkinz pets waiting to be adopted.
When you have found your new Webkinz pets and brought it home, log into your account using your current username and password and then visit the Adoption Center. Ms. Birdy will guide you through adopting your newest pet.
- How many pets can I adopt?
- While there is no official limit to the number of pets you can adopt, we recommend that you do not adopt more than 100 pets on a single account. When you reach 100 pets, please start a new Webkinz World account!
- Can I adopt another pet with the same code?
- You can not adopt another Webkinz pet with the same code because in Webkinz World, every pet has their own special adoption code that helps keep track of everything about them. Each secret code will only allow you to adopt one Webkinz pet.
- My Webkinz pet didn't come with a Secret Code tag
- All Webkinz pets must be sold with a code. If yours did not come with a code, please take it back to the store where you bought it and get another Webkinz pet that has a code. If you were sold a Webkinz pet without a secret code, it is the retailer’s responsibility to replace the pet.
- I lost my Secret Code
- The Webkinz tag and the Secret Code it contains is a valuable part of the Webkinz pet product. Each Webkinz pet comes with its own unique secret code, which is contained in the tag that is securely attached to every pet when it is shipped to the original retailer.
Just as we cannot replace a lost Webkinz pet, we are unable to replace a lost Webkinz tag and the Secret Code that comes with it. We have made every attempt to identify that the Secret Code is necessary to the adoption of your pet.
We understand that honest mistakes are made where tags may be disposed of or misplaced accidentally. We truly want you and your child to enjoy the full value of the Webkinz pet. However, Ganz policy states that we cannot replace any code that is lost or misplaced. This is why it is very important to keep your Secret Codes in a safe place at all times.
- I accidentally adopted my new pet under a new username - can I put my pet back on my original account?
- If your Webkinz pets are on two separate accounts and you would like them to be on the same account, the accounts must be merged.
It is possible for us to reset your new account if you have started it within the past 30 days. Please be aware that if we do this, you will lose all pets, KinzCash, rooms, and items you have accumulated on your account. Also, if you have entered any feature codes into this account, once the account is reset, the feature codes and all associated prizes will be lost. You will be unable to re-enter the feature codes in your new account. However, you will be able to readopt the pets, using your existing pet codes. This way all your pets can be merged onto the same account.
- I accidentally adopted my friend's/sibling's Webkinz pet onto my account. Can we split them?
Unfortunately, once a pet has been adopted onto a specific account, it cannot be removed from that account. Please make sure that you are using the correct account when adopting your Webkinz pet. When you first sign up, you have the option to adopt additional pets onto the same account – be sure that this is what you want. If you want to adopt another Webkinz pet on a separate account, please wait until you have finished registering the first pet, and then log out and start again for the second account.
- Do all my Webkinz have to be on the same account?
- They do not have to be on the same account, but it might be easier for you to take care of them if they are. To make sure your new Webkinz pet gets on the same account, click “Log In”, enter your username and password and then click ADOPT A NEW PET. Please make sure that you adopt your additional Webkinz pet on the correct account as they cannot be moved or removed later. Remember, with each additional adoption, you get some awesome presents!
- Can I share an account with a friend?
- One code only gets you one Webkinz World account, which can only be played on by one person at a time. Additionally, Webkinz does not condone the sharing of passwords between users as it can result in the breaching of accounts and loss of Kinzcash and items.
- How do I print off my Adoption Certificate?
- Once you complete the adoption process, your certificate will be displayed on the screen. You can print that off right away, or you can go back to it later. To access your Adoption Certificate, click on THINGS TO DO and click on My Pets. Both your pet’s biography and Adoption Certificate will be here for you view or print.
- When does my Full Membership expire? How do I renew my account?
- Your Full Membership expires one year after the adoption date of your most recent pet. When this membership expires, you will be able to continue logging into Webkinz World, and will have access to all of your pets and items, but will have some game play limitations. If you wish to regain all of features Webkinz World provides, simply go to the Adoption Centre and adopt a new pet with an unused Pet Code, or have your account upgraded to Deluxe Membership.
- How do I permanently delete my pet or account?
- If you no longer wish to play on Webkinz World, feel free not to login to the site. If you do change your mind at any time within the next two years, you are welcome to come back. You will be able to play with all of your pets and will still have all of your items. After two years of inactivity, we will delete your account and all items and pets included on that account (note that this information cannot be recovered once this has happened).
- How do I delete a pet or account and start over?
- The adoption of your Webkinz pet is final – we cannot delete a pet and let you start from scratch. If you are really unhappy with your account, you can always purchase another Webkinz pet and start a new account.
- I've forgotten my username - what do I do?
- If you've forgotten your username we can retrieve it for you. Just click on the Customer Support link on the menu to your left or the button located on the main home page. Then click on 'Account Issues' and look for 'I forgot my username'. When you click on this, you will be prompted to fill out some information to help us find and retrieve your username. You will need your password and Secret Code to verify your account. You will also need to enter your birthday and your first name. Make sure you use the same information you entered when you first adopted your pet.
- Can I change my username or pet name after I have registered?
- Unfortunately, no. Please choose your username and pet name carefully. If your username or pet name is deemed inappropriate, it may be changed.
- Why did I have to change my username?
- If your username was determined to be inappropriate, you will be prompted to change it the next time that you log in. While most inappropriate words cannot be used, each username is screened individually for any deviations. Inappropriate usernames include any that use profanity or vulgarity, as well as usernames that advertise email addresses, web addresses or corporations. We do not permit any third-party advertising through usernames on Webkinz World.
- Can I change the gender of my pet?
- Sorry to say, but there is no way to change the gender of your Webkinz pet. You got to choose whether your pet is a boy or girl when you adopted it. The good news is that Webkinz pets are happy to wear any and all clothing in the W Shop and that no one really knows the gender of your pet unless you tell them; the only place the gender appears is on your Webkinz pet’s adoption certificate.
- How do I change my password?
- If you have forgotten your password, or gave it to a friend and now you don't want that friend playing with your account, changing your password is easily done.
If you have forgotten your password, click on 'I forgot my password' just below the Password box. You will be asked for your username and secret code. You will then be assigned a new password from us. You can change that password to something more familiar to you, back at the login page by clicking Change Password.
If you think a friend knows your password and you want to change it, type in your current username and password.
Click on the button labeled "Change Password". You will see a screen that asks for your username, your old password, and a new password. Be sure to choose a new password that is easy for you to remember, but difficult for other people to guess.
Important: Remember to keep your password a secret!
- I need to change my password and I don't know my Secret Code - what do I do?
- Unfortunately, if you do not have your Secret Code, we cannot help you. Your Secret Code is like your key to Webkinz World. If you forget your other information, your Secret Code proves that the account belongs to you. Please try your best to find the tag that came with the Webkinz. The tag has your Secret Code printed inside.
- What do I get for each adoption?
- For your first Webkinz pet, you get 2000 KinzCash and the wonderfully helpful Webkinz Guide; for your second through tenth adoptions, you get 2500 KinzCash, an exclusive item and a medium room; for your eleventh and beyond, you get 3500 KinzCash, an exclusive item and either a Super Bed or a roll on the bonus die.
When you adopt your tenth pet and every fifth one after that, you get a Super Bed. To choose the Super Bed, just open your Webkinz pet’s welcome gift as usual (by dragging and dropping it into your room). You will see the three items in the gift; one of those items will be a gold present. That gold present will be in the objects section of your dock. Drag the present into your room and it will open up. You will then see the Super Bed screen and you will be allowed to choose which Super Bed you want!
When you adopt your eleventh pet and beyond, you get a chance to watch the bonus dice spin (with your tenth, fifteenth, twentieth, twenty-fifth and every fifth pet after that, you get a super bed). To watch the bonus dice spin, just open your Webkinz pet’s welcome gift as usual (by dragging and dropping it into your room). You will see the three items in the gift; one of those items will be a blue present. The blue present will be in the objects section of your dock. Just drag it into your room and it will open up. You will see the bonus dice spin and then view the prize you unlocked!
- Why did I not receive a room with my latest adoption?
- You will receive a free medium room with the first 10 Webkinz pets that you adopt. You will not receive a new room after your 11th adoption. Instead, you will get to spin the bonus dice.
- How do I get an Exclusive Object?
- While you can't buy an exclusive item, you can get one by adopting another Webkinz pet. To find out where to adopt another Webkinz pet, please check out our “Store Locator” on the Webkinz World login page. Alternatively, if you would like to learn about each pet’s special item, please click on “Webkinz Catalog” on the Webkinz World Login page. There you can view each pet’s special item and food.
You could also win an exclusive object if you click on the "I Love My Webkinz" button in the "Care Award" section of "My Pets," every day for a week. At the end of the week, you'll be entered in a draw for an exclusive object.
- What's a Super Bed? How do I get one?
- A Super Bed is a super exclusive object that you get when you adopt your 10th pet, and every 5th pet afterwards (your 15th, 20th, 25th, etc).
- What is the KinzCash coin and how do I use it?
- The KinzCash coin is a special gift you can get when you spin the bonus dice. To get the KinzCash from your 1000 KinzCash coin, you must sell the coin to the W Shop. Just go to the W Shop and click "sell." Drag and drop your coin into the box and click "sell." You'll get the KinzCash from the sale added to your KinzCash total.
- How do you roll the bonus die?
- If you want to watch the bonus dice spin, you need to adopt eleven or more Webkinz pets. With your eleventh pet and beyond, you'll get a chance to spin the bonus dice and see which special item you might win. You could get a KinzCash coin, an exclusive object, or a rare item. Good luck!