- How does this site appeal to small children?
- The Webkinz web site has been designed for users aged 6-13+ and is intended to include content for all ages and levels of computer skill within that range. We have designed our site to reach the widest possible audience within that range. We understand that some of our games and jobs may be difficult for younger users, but our research and experience has shown that our younger audience can quite enjoy the site with the support of an adult.
That said, we have designed some of our games and jobs for younger children. Both the Fence Painting and Shoe Store Clerk (both memory games) have proven fun and achievable by younger users. In the Arcade, we recommend Wacky Zingoz and Tulip Trouble 2.
Younger users can also enjoy all of the non-game methods of making money, including the Wheel of WOW, Wishing Well and the Care Award, and best of all, the 5-6 year old questions in Quizzy's Question Corner - over 1000 age appropriate, curriculum-based questions that make KinzCash faster than any of the games.
We hope that this information will help you and your child continue to enjoy Webkinz World as much as we do.
- Is KinzChat safe?
- We at Webkinz World understand your concerns. In our KinzChat area, the chat is entirely constructed. There is no way for users to type what they want, exchange any personal information, ask or say anything inappropriate. We control everything the users are able to say. In the KinzChat PLUS area, children may type using their own words and phrases as long as they are not on the excluded list of words and phrases developed for this form of chat. We try to exclude inappropriate words and phrases, including proper names and numbers to avoid the disclosure of personal information. If you do not want your child to chat in the less restricted KinzChat PLUS area, you can block their access in the Parent's Area.
- What are some tips on managing my child's time in Webkinz World?
- Webkinz World is a wonderful place to play. It is a safe, friendly, and imaginative environment for children to enjoy. Because Webkinz World is so much fun, it can be difficult to limit your child's time on the computer.
Here are some tips about how to limit your child's time in Webkinz World:
- Use Webkinz World as a reward. Your child will be able to play in Webkinz World AFTER he or she has finished their homework, done their chores, etc.
- Decide what you believe is an appropriate amount of time for your child to be on the computer and discuss it with your child ahead of time. Set a timer, if need be. When the timer goes off, so does the computer.
- Encourage offline play with the Webkinz plush toy; encourage your child to draw pictures of the rooms they'd like to design, make pictures of their Webkinz pets (scrapbooks are lots of fun), and have parties for the Webkinz pets. Invite some friends over in the real world and celebrate Webkinz!
- How does Webkinz World promote learning?
- Webkinz World is a great place to learn and play! Your child can learn lots of fun facts at Quizzy's. The questions at Quizzy's are age-appropriate, and most are educationally based.
We also have several arcade games that promote learning:
- Booger Gets an A promotes addition skills
- Lunch Letters helps children to learn how to type and spell
- Quizzy's Word Challenge aids in spelling
- Operation Gumball encourages children to think logically
Webkinz Newz and the W Tales encourage reading, and our many contests encourage writing, creativity, and problem-solving.
Your child can also learn about money in Webkinz World; by earning KinzCash, your child learns how to save and spend money.
Webkinz World also helps to teach children about responsibility, caring for a pet, and getting along with others.
- Is the Wishing Well and the Wheel of WOW gambling?
- Webkinz does not endorse, nor condone gambling. Webkinz does not contain ANY gambling. Gambling requires that a player put in a wager to play, and hence have the chance to lose that wager. Webkinz members can not lose KinzCash playing any of our games. There are no wagers involved at all.
While the Wishing Well and Wheel of WOW use visual metaphors that are sometimes associated with gambling, there is no gambling involved. They are merely a method of giving out random prizes to our members. They are our version of giving out a door prize, a thank you just for showing up. As kids love getting free prizes, naturally these features are highly popular on our site.
We do take concerns of this nature very seriously and welcome suggestions on how to improve our site, including these features.
- Why does the Webkinz Studio allow personal information to be entered!
- Please note that only you can see what you write in the Webkinz Studio. There is no way for others to see the movies you make with the Studio. When you are visiting a friend in Webkinz World, you cannot use their Studio, and they can not use yours.
We will have contests where members like you can enter their movies and if they win, they will be put on TV so everyone can watch them. Rest assured that we will not let any movie that is rude, has bad words or has personal information win the contest.
- How do we feed the pet?
- To feed your child's Webkinz pet, just go to the W Shop in the Things to Do menu and visit the "Food" section. You can buy foods by clicking on the food and then clicking 'add to cart.' When you've added all the foods to your cart, click 'check out,' and 'buy now.' The foods you've purchased will appear in your dock. Drag the food to the Webkinz pet's dock picture (in the lower left side of your dock) or the Webkinz pet's avatar in the room. The Webkinz pet will 'eat' the food and comment. The hunger meter will go up.
- Account renewal/expiry - What happens?
- When you adopt a Webkinz pet, you get to play in Webkinz World for one year. At the end of the year, you can adopt a new pet onto your Webkinz World account. This will renew your account and all the Webkinz pets on it for one more year. Each time you adopt a new Webkinz pet, your account will be extended for a year from the date of adoption. Please note that the years are not cumulative (so, if you adopt a pet on May 2, 2006, your whole account will be renewed until May 2, 2007. The account is only renewed for one year, regardless of how many Webkinz pets you adopt at once).
- What if the Webkinz pet gets sick?
- If your child's pet gets sick (if it has a green snout and an ice pack on its head), please take it to the Clinic in the "Things to Do" menu. Your child will have to purchase medicine for it to help make it feel better. If a pet is just unhealthy, please feed it some healthier foods and give it some more exercise. Sometimes Webkinz pets get sick if they are left alone for long periods of time without care and their health meter drops below 9 and sometimes they get sick if there's just a sickness going around.
- Can Webkinz pets die?
- No, Webkinz pets cannot die. Webkinz pets can get sick, but they cannot die.
- How often is Webkinz World updated?
- We update Webkinz World at least once a month.
- Where do we play games?
- Your child can play games in three places:
- The Tournament Arena - Your child can play in tournaments and play against other Webkinz World members.
- The Arcade - Your child can play games by themselves in the Arcade. Some games are only available here (not in the Tournament Arena).
- The Room - Certain games (available in the Games section of the W Shop) are available for the Webkinz pet's room. Some of these games can be played against friends when they come to visit.
- How do we add a new room?
- To add a new room, just click the "Map" button in your Webkinz' pet's room and then click "Add Room." Click on a free square on your map and then choose the type of room you'd like to buy (outdoor, indoor small, medium, or large). Click "Buy" to buy the room. You'll see a message that asks if you'd definitely like to buy the room. Click "Yes" to buy the room.
- How do we decorate the room?
- To add things to a room, please drag them from the dock into the room. When a green square appears under the item, you can let it go. Please remember that outdoor items are for yards, and indoor items are for indoor rooms.
- How do we buy stuff at W Shop or Curio Shop?
- To purchase items at the W Shop or Curio Shop, just click on the item, click 'add to cart,' click 'check out,' and click 'buy now.' The items you purchase will be added to your dock and the KinzCash will be deducted from your total.
- How do we adopt a new pet onto the same account?
- To adopt a new Webkinz pet onto your child's current account, just log in as usual and then go to the Adoption Center in the Things to Do menu. Ms. Birdy will help your child adopt the newest pet. Please make sure to help your child with any adoptions.
- Does my child get anything on their birthday?
- We do not send anything out for our member's birthdays, but we do send out birthday cake on each Webkinz pet's birthday. The birthday cake appears in the dock. To see when your Webkinz pet's birthday is, please visit the "My Pets" area in the "Things to do" menu.
- Should we adopt our Webkinz pets onto one account, or multiple accounts?
- If your child has more than one Webkinz pet, we always suggest adopting them onto a single account. When you adopt more than one Webkinz pet onto an account, you also get special bonuses! You get a new room for your second through tenth Webkinz pet, an exclusive item with your second Webkinz pet and beyond, and a super-bed with your tenth, fifteenth, twentieth pet and every fifth pet beyond that! Adopting more than one Webkinz pet onto your account is a GREAT idea!
- How do we earn KinzCash?
- There are some simple ways to earn KinzCash:
- Play games at the Arcade or Tournament Arena.
- Answer trivia questions at Quizzy's
- Spin the Wishing Well and Wheel of WOW in the Arcade.
- Watch the Today's Activities page for chances to do special activities.
- Answer the weekly survey in the Newz.
- Enter contests (contest page located in the Newz).
- Visit the "My Pets" page everyday and click the "I love my Webkinz" button.
- Do jobs at the Employment Office.
- Adopt more Webkinz pets! You get KinzCash with each new pet.
- What can we do in the room?
- Your child can do lots of things in their Webkinz pet's room! Including:
Play with the pet
- Your child can purchase various toys (like the scooter, skateboard, and trampoline) and the Webkinz pet can play on these items.
- If your child purchases a stove, blender, or sandwich maker, they can drag three foods into the appliance and try to make various foods. There are cookbooks available in the "Toys and Books" section of the W Shop.
Invite friends to visit
- By using the KinzChat cell phone, your child can invite friends over to chat and play in their Webkinz pet's room.
- Games in the W Shop's Games section are for the room. Your child can play some of these games against the computer, and others against friends.
- Your child can decorate their room or yard in any way they like. Remember; if your child wants to add a new room, just use the 'map' and click 'add room.' Click on a blank space (where you'd like the new room to go), and click on the type of room you'd like. You can use the map to jump to this new room.
- Play with the pet
- Where do I enter a Feature Code?
- You enter a Feature Code in the Code Shop. You never know exactly what you'll unlock with a Feature Code!
- Where do I find out more about the Trading Cards and card game?
- Please click on the Trading Cards button on the Webkinz World homepage to find out more about the Trading Cards and card game.